Tuesday 29 September 2009

Emma in Radio Times plus actual broadcast date

I knew that Emma would be on our screens soon, but I had no idea it would be as early as next Sunday, 4 October 2009. I discovered this fact when I had a look at the new issue of the Radio Times today which has actress Romola Garai prominently displayed on the cover.

Below are the my inevitable scans. They are a bit big, mind.









What else can I tell you? It's comprised of four episodes. It's written by Sandy Welch who did such a fine job on Jane Eyre 3 years ago. Johnny Lee Miller is in it which is confusing as he was in the Mansfield Park movie a few years ago. Christina Cole is in it but is not listed in the cast list for the first episode. Michael Gambon is in it and he's always good value.

There was an interesting fact in the article: Wuthering Heights sat unaired for a couple of years because ITV has to pay a big chunk of the production costs when things are shown and they couldn't afford it! In fact the article looks at the likelihood (or otherwise) of seeing costume drams over the coming years. Small Island gets a mention too.

Oh, by the way, I've just realised that I started this blog thing about a year ago. Happy birthday to me.