Saturday 6 March 2010

Triangle with Melissa George


I thought I would write a few words about the last DVD I watched, Triangle. I watched it last night and it's been knocking around in my head ever since. This is probably a movie to go into without knowing anything about it so I'm going to be careful with what I write.

It's a "horror" movie, although the real horror comes out of the situation that the main character played by Melissa George finds herself in rather than any icky stuff or shock moments.

Melissa George, having a really bad day
The movie starts with a group of people going off for a trip in a sailboat. Melissa's character Jess is clearly troubled by something but can't express what it is exactly. Then a storm brews up out of nowhere and then...

Well, its best if I don't say too much.

I have to say that fairly early on I worked out what was happening, but I think the audience is supposed to. If you are in any doubt at one point the characters even stop to read something that could describe the plot and Jess's situation.

It seems to be a movie most people either love or hate. I am somewhere in between but remain impressed with the execution of it.

And the fact that it's knocking around my head the next day makes it exceptional in this era of disposable entertainment.