Thursday 15 January 2009

Gemma Arterton and the Bafta nominations

I got a nice surprise this morning when I turned on my TV just before 8am. The BBC had live coverage of Gemma Arterton reading out the Bafta nominations. (OK, so Hayley Atwell read some out too, but I was only paying attention to Gemma.)



Admittedly she did stumble on the title 'Persepolis', but that understandable. Hey, the sun still hadn't risen and there she was looking very presentable.

After just a few minutes it was all over and Mark Kermode popped up. All before 8am! If only the actual awards ceremony was that quick.

I've got to sent a "boo, hiss" to the Daily Mail who have a nasty story about Gemma not looking as skinny as she did in October. Seriously! Will the British press ever stop attacking people for the sake of it? Go complain about Jonathan Ross if you've got to.