Thursday 2 July 2009

Rachel Nichols enters my awareness


My burst of enthusiasm for July 2009 is actress Rachel Nichols. A few days ago I don't think I was aware of who she was. Then I watched a movie called P2 (as in parking level 2) and was very impressed. It was much better than I thought it would be and turned out to be a tense little thriller about a woman trapped by a obsessed security guard in a parking garage on Christmas Eve. I would quite readily compare Rachel's performance to that of Sigourney Weaver in Alien (which, coincidentally, I had watched again the night before watching P2).


Doing a little research it turns out she was in the fifth and final season of Alias. I was a big fan of Alias, at least for the first couple of years but I confess I never got to see the final season. I'll be looking for it on DVD if the price is right.


This summer Rachel is in the GI Joe movie. This will be certainly be excruciatingly awful, directed as it it by Steven Sommers, the man responsible for the dire Van Helsing. More fool me, I expect I'll end up renting GI Joe on DVD. For Rachel.

PS I think she was the green lady in the new Star Trek movie!