Tuesday 9 December 2008

Kelly Sotherton news article

I mentioned before that my only interest in sport ran to Victoria Pendleton. Well, I have to also give an honourable mention to Kelly Sotherton, winner of the Bronze medal in the heptathlon at the 2004 Athens Olympics.



There's an article about her in today's Times newspaper. The gist is that Kelly will be competing in Austria next May and will be in the company of her old coach who called her a “wimp” and “weasel” at the 2004 Olympic Games.

Here's the link: www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/athletics/article5310366.ece

But as you will guess it's all an excuse for me to include a photo of Kelly. I have a lot of time for Kelly.

Update. The Guardian has a similar article from earlier this week, and it provides me with the excuse to include another Kelly photo.



http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/dec/08/athletics-kellysotherton