Friday 13 February 2009

Ruth Wilson in Small Island update

I've posted this on my Ruth Wilson page (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/chevron/ruthwilson) and I thought I would post it here as well. There is a little bit of news on the Ruth's next TV project, Small Island

Watch out for... David Oyelowo, Naomie Harris, Benedict Cumberbatch and Ruth Wilson, who lead the TV drama based on Andrea Levy's novel Small Island. The drama has a series of intertwining tales about Jamaican Gilbert Joseph, who joins the RAF and fights for Britain during WWII. Later, his wife Hortense joins him in the UK. 'Gilbert tries to settle in Britain after the war and it's like: "Oh, are you still here?" That's the sense he gets from the Brits, even though he was in the war,' Mr Oyelowo told me during a break from rehearsals. Filming begins next week on locations in Belfast and London.


Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Interesting. That seems to confirm that she's finished work on the remake of The Prisoner, due on ITV later this year.

I work in Belfast. Ruth, I'll buy you a coffee if you want.

Well, it's worth a try!